Welcome to Defense Against the Dark Arts: The Science of Happiness. We’re glad you’re joining us for this venture. We know that developing students’ social and emotional intelligence improves their learning and overall well-being. When educators model qualities of compassion, gratitude and mindfulness, and integrate them into lesson plans we increase students’ joy and engagement while contributing to a healthy classroom environment. This course examines the science of happiness focusing on character strengths, positive emotion, resilience, purpose, positive relationships, and creativity. Your professional association is concerned with your teaching and learning environment and that starts with you–a happy, healthy teacher, educational support professional or anyone who has the privilege of working with children.
Total time commitment for this course is 15 hours.
After enrollment, you will be given the opportunity select one of these dates and locations for the in-person session:
- January 10 (5:00-7:00 p.m.), Madison
- January 24 (5:30-7:30 p.m.), Platteville
- February 5 (4:30-6:30 p.m.), Milwaukee
- February 20 (5:30-7:30 p.m.), Green Bay
- February 23 (8:30-10:30 a.m.), Eau Claire
- February 27 (5:00-7:00 p.m.), La Crosse
- March 7 (location and time TBD)
- April 9 (location and time TBD)